I love to cook- y'all know I do! Normally, I kinda just throw things together but sometimes you find a recipe that you love but end up tweaking it a bit for your own taste. I found this recipe online and ended up changing it for my husband and I but it has become one of our current favorite recipes! Some of the amounts we use a bit more or less of (for taste) so feel free to do your own version! The picture below is the version without bean sprouts but we have found that the bean sprouts add even more to the mix!
This can also be eaten however you like, but this is a low carb recipe. My hubby likes his in a pita pocket!
Inside-Out Sausage Egg Roll
Prep: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 lb pork sausage (original)*
- 1 bag coleslaw mix**
- 1 can corn
- 1 bag of bean sprouts (optional and use fresh, not canned)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger (fresh or tube- not dry)
- 1 tablespoon soysauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often to crumble, until cooked through. Do not drain.
2. Add the coleslaw mix, bean sprouts, corn, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet with the sausage. Cook for 3-4 minutes covered or until cabbage has softened a bit.
3. Remove from the heat and top with the green onions and drizzle with sesame oil.
4. Serve Immediately
*You can use hot sausage if you like spicier foods.
** You can sub 5-6 cups of chopped cabbage instead if you like. I just like to cheat and used the pre-cut kind!