Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Goals- Again

So, my cousin asked me for the link to this blog, which was all cool, and I remember that I even had this blog and haven't actually posted on here in awhile. I was looking at some of my old posts and realized that my goals post that I made- I have completed these goals. Well, 4 out of the 5 of them. The other one, I have just been so busy that I keep forgetting to look into Alumni relations....oops.

In September, I completed my first 5K and I want to do another...and another. In October, I did the month of giving. Though I didn't share what happened, I did a lot of good deeds for some very deserving people. In December, I got my CPhT which is totally awesome. And this past week, I finally got the promotion I was working on and start it in a couple weeks. I am very excited about what life has in store for me.

But with that realization, I remembered that I need new goals. This time, I think I'm going to make them a little harder to achieve.

1. Complete the National Diabetes Prevention Program

This is one that I decided a couple weeks ago that I was going to do. Through Diplomat, they are offering this program for $100. It is a yearlong program where we attend classes that teach us about different healthy habits (many of those that I don't have), help give us the ability to knock down barriers against us being able to be healthier and help us lose 5-7% of our body weight over the year, which isn't a lot- but it is proven that can lessen your chance for developing diabetes by 64%. That is huge! I know that I have gained a lot of weight in the past, so I think it is time to lose it again.

Click here to learn more about the program.
2. Learn!

I will be starting a new position soon and I am excited to learn a lot. I plan to learn more about who I am as a person, where do I fit into the scheme of things and start making those long term goals. When I left high school, I wanted to be a music teacher. When I left college, I left with a bachelor's degree and no idea where I wanted to go with it. Over the next few months, I want to see what I want to do with my future. I want to go back to school for a masters, but what for? Where do I want to go from here? What are my career goals? I am in a time of learning a lot about who I am, and what kind of worker I am. It's time to decide what I need to achieve where I want to go.

3. Create and Conquer a Summer Bucket List

My friend Abijah has one of these and I think it is something that I should do. Though I haven't sat down and decided what I want to do this summer, I am going to make some plans. Now that I am moving somewhere that takes less time and energy to care for, and I will have a roommate and a higher paying job to help take the stress off of me financially (and finally start some savings), I want to work on a list of fun things for me to do to get involved in my community around me and enjoy life a little more. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment