Friday, August 14, 2015

I Found THE Dress

Wedding dress shopping should be fun but for many brides, they find that finding that right dress is so hard and it is down right stressful. This is because this one dress holds so much expectation. All your family and friends will see you in it, it is the symbol of your old life joining your new life with your husband. With all those expectations also come opinions.

I believe the #1 reason that a bride doesn't get a dress that she wants is because she thinks that someone will disapprove of it. This past weekend I went shopping with my bridal party and my fiance's mother. She wasn't originally a fan of the fact that I loved the big tulle ball gown shapes and not the more traditional styles. At one point in the appointment, I said to her the reason why I love the tulle- it is my personality. I am a bubbly person and I love to make a splash when I can. I am in no way traditional and she changed her opinion pretty quickly. Though brides shouldn't have to explain themselves, I did because I didn't want it to be something that would come between us during this whole process.

Interestingly enough, I didn't find my dress at this store. I was actually very disappointed in their choices in dresses for women my size and the consultant I had was less than enthusiastic about serving me that day. But I did find another dress.

For months I have been eyeing it on David's Bridal. Everyone told me "do not go to David's Bridal," "I heard horror stories." But this dress was beautiful and just what I wanted. Plus is was on sale for much cheaper than those other dresses I was less than enthused about. Then it went on sale for $100 and I snatched it up. The moment I put it on at home, I knew it was going to be the one and I just can't wait to walk down the aisle in it. While there is some tulle and it is a ballgown, it is still traditional in a sense but it is so me. Even my bridal party said so and said they liked it much better than any designer dress I could have bought for tons more.

Who would have thought that I would wear a wedding dress that was cheaper than my Prom dress! :) I am so excited to get it fitted correctly (using a local seamstress, not the store) and to wear it on my big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment