Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Month of Letters

So, I have been lacking on the snail mail front this year. I don't know what it is. I guess I just haven't sat down and spent the time sending out mail, though I love it so much. 

My friend Luna introduced me to the "A Month of Letters" Challenge. For the whole month of February, the challenge is to send a letter on each day. That is a total of 24 letters, postcards, greeting cards, etc. through the US Postal Service to recipients.



Earlier this week, I joined Postable. This website allows you to compile an online database of addresses. I put it on my Facebook and Tumblr accounts and asked for addresses. Though I only have gotten a few people, I have addresses for people all around the world (which is exciting) that I can send mail to next month. I can only hope that they write back and I get to know them :)

So, if you want to join me, here is the link to the website where you can learn more and make an account! http://lettermo.com/

And if you want me to send you a letter, PLEASE leave you address on my Postable.  I'll make sure to send you something (I have vowed that if I get over 24 addresses, I will send more than 24 letters!)

Happy writing!

Playlist
1. The A Team- Ed Sheeran
2. Little Talks- Of Monsters and Men
3. It's Time- Imagine Dragons
4. Try- Pink
5. Never Too Late- Three Days Grace
6. Yes- Coldplay
7. When They Come For Me- 30 Seconds to Mars
8. Lazy Eye- Silversun Pickups

No comments:

Post a Comment