Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

Spring is here, but Mother Nature hasn't figured out how to turn the AC off. I am so ready to be able to just not wear my coat anymore (it needs a good cleaning but I don't have a back up coat at the moment so I can send it off to get cleaned), so I wait for the warmth. 

Life is going just as crazy as normal. I have begun my psych research so lately I have spent many hours in the psychology lab at UM-Flint. Its not too bad, just another thing to add on top of the heap. I am ready for this semester to be over and to finally graduate. I have been actively fighting senioritis for several weeks now and I won't let it win. I MUST finish strong.

It's been awhile since I have been on here so I'll give you some pictures of what I have been up to lately:

Riverfront had a Valentine's dance in February. Kevin and I were looking sharp ;)

I went to a leadership conference at the end of February and literally took one of my favorite pictures of myself!

I finished my month of letters strong and had a lot of fun. I also sent some letters that just needed to be sent.

I spent some nights with friends that I may have lost some sleep but had some amazing moments and made some amazing memories.

Spring Break was the beginning of March and Kevin and I went to Chicago. Nick and his boyfriend Matt also went and our trip overlapped so we travelled the city together a couple days.




It was really a fun trip and one that I am so glad that we made! We stayed in the city (Sheraton Hotel and Towers...so beautiful) and we could see Navy Pier from our window! On Monday we got some pizza, checked in, went to Navy Pier, ate at Ed Debevic's and visited the Hancock Observatory. On Tuesday it snowed, so we spent most of the day at The Field Museum and then ate up in Andersonville at Hamburger Mary's before seeing an Improv Show at The Annoyance Theater in Uptown. Wednesday we went to Millenium Park, got some yummy sushi, visited a Comic shop, Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and had a chill night back at the hotel. Thursday we headed to the Aquarium and then went to the Art Museum after lunch. We grabbed some cheap dinner and then went back to the hotel for some swimming. Friday was our last day and after checking out we went to The Cheesecake Factory, visited the Skydeck in the Willis Tower and headed home.

The day after we got back, I went to see my friends David and Helen who I hadn't seen in a long time. It was a wonderful visit (but NOT LONG ENOUGH!)

Now I am looking towards the future. I graduate in less than 45 days. I will be moving out of Riverfront at that same time. I just had an interview with one of the companies I applied to yesterday, here's to hoping something comes from that. It's all changing, so so fast. But I am so ready for the change. I am ready to open the next chapter of my life!

1 comment: