Monday, October 17, 2011

Birthday Awesomeness!

This past weekend happened to hold my birthday. And not just any birthday, but that milestone, nothing is going to stop me from going into anyplace, I can legally buy alcohol without having to beg older friends, 21st birthday! The day didn't disappoint.


A little note: normally, I wouldn't go into the details of what was drank, how much was drank, etc as it may seem bad to some people. But I hope, in the future, that it an employer falls upon this page, they will forgive me as it is about my 21st birthday...and that only happens once!


Anyway...


So midnight hit and I was up and ready to get going. Abijah swung by and picked Tanisha and I up at Riverfront and we were off to Jester's, a 21+ bar on Center Rd that has been known for great drinks. Getting off of Center Rd, Abijah accidentally swung too far and drove us back onto the highway.


After driving to the next exit and turning around, we were back on track.


12:22 AM: We arrived at Jester's and I was ready to walk in the door, show the bouncer my new "temporary" ID (until my new one comes in the mail) and walk into the bar. And it didn't disappoint. He looked at the date and then the pic on my old one, looked at me and said, "Well happy fucking birthday," with a smile on his face. Made my whole night.


We walked up to the bar and first thing (before I even had a drink) 2 guys turn around and are like, "aren't you those girls from Churchills?" So I frequent the bar 2 doors down on Thursday nights for the atmosphere, and you have to recognize me? It did make me laugh.


My first drink of the night was a screwdriver. Though I heard from a reliable source that a tequila shooter was my favorite drink, I was almost too afraid to try it and settled, for my mom, on the safe screwdriver. It was a good warm-up drink and I was ready for more.


After getting seats at the bar (another thing I would never be able to do unless I was 21) I ordered a pitcher of Johnny Vegas'. Yes, you read right, a pitcher. Jester's offers all their mixed drinks in a pitcher size with a straw for a discounted price. Now, if you are unfamiliar with the Johnny Vegas, I recommend you try one. It's a wonderful mix of Tequila, Watermelon Schnapps, and Red Bull. So good!


After that followed the Cosmopolitan and I have to say...I'm not a fan. Though some people may love the strength this small drink punches I did not and somehow choked it down. Following that, I went for something a little more sweeter, a sweettart. Tastes just like the candy and I got a blue one (on the house!) and a red one. 


2 AM hit and we had to leave, but Jester's wins in my book! Great atmosphere, GREAT music and wonderful drinks!


We went to Starlight down the road next, a coney island style restaurant that serves amazing food. I had an omelette, sooooo good!


Then it was time for home to sleep for a few hours.

Summon the next morning. Getting up at 9 was tough, but though it was hard, I got up. After some waiting, Abijah was back to pick Tanisha and I up to be off to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the big Michigan/ Michigan State Game. Luna and her bf Dave, Brittany, Nick, Molly and her roommate Steven, and Tom all joined me for the game. Here's the breakdown:


Free appetizer because it was my birthday: WIN! (I got spinnach/Artichoke dip)
Bahama Mama: WIN!
Knockout Punch: WIN!
Boneless wings with spicy garlic, parm garlic, salt and vinegar, teriyaki : WIN!
Buffalo Zoo: Large and TOTAL WIN!
Michigan losing to Michigan State: Utter fail


All-in-all mostly worth 3 hours of my time.


After that, most of us travelled back to my apartment (after a stop at the store) for more shenanigans. We watched movies, played drinking games all night and just had an awesome time. Kevin was the first down at around 9 PM, the rest of us partied until about 4 AM. In there Katrina and her sister Erin stopped in for most the night and Stephon and Kyle stopped in as well for a bit. Here are some drinks that I made up on the spot that just turned out really good and I decided to give them a name:


The Kevin
2 oz UV Blue Vodka
1 oz Captain Morgan Coconut Rum
splah of Jose Cuervo Tequila
4-5 oz Mountain Dew

Served on the rocks, this drink can land you on the ass after a few (poor Kevin) but it was really good. He told me he wanted something with Mountain Dew in it...

The Nick
1 oz Smirnoff Watermelon Vodka
1 oz Absolut Raspberry Vodka
splash of watermelon pucker
5 oz Cranberry/grape juice

Served on the rocks, this drink mixes many fruits to just be amazing!

Chocolate Birthday Cake
2 oz Pinnacle Cake Vodka
6 oz Chocolate Milk

Served on the rocks, this drink is almost too good to be thought as alcoholic. Tastes so much like a frosted birthday cake and became a party favorite.

The Amelia
1 oz Absolut Raspberry Vodka
1 oz Smirnoff Watermelon Vodka
1 oz 1800 Silver Tequila
2 oz  Cranberry Grape Juice Cocktail
1 oz Original Flavor Sunny D

Served on the rocks, this drink is soo fruity but has a sourness that adds to the end. Simply wonderful!

Note: the amounts of liquor may be changed mattering your preferences, but these ended up being solid. 

All-in-all a GREAT time with GREAT friends! A night I will remember for a long time!!!



6 comments:

  1. I had so much fun~! :) I am glad you had a good time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, happy delay birthday! I know turning 21 is a big issue in your Country, and I am glad you had so much fun! Here in Italy there's no age limit to drink or smoke, so the big birthday is the 18th, when you come on age and can vote. Now that you can, taste some Italian wine, we have the best wines in the world!


    krizia from "blog swap"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated b-day :)
    -Pinkbubble (swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! It must have been really exciting and liberating to be able to do all that drinking legally.

    sgheartswaps (SwapBot)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sunny D is a good idea cause then you won't end up with scurvy. Also the screwdriver or anything with juice.
    That was always our running joke when partaking more then normal of that nasty thing called alcohol. Sounds like you had an awesome B'Day.

    I have a weakness for things that include vodka, another favourite is a pint of Guinness cause then you get lots of vitamins and you don't really need food as they are fondly referred to as 'Steak in a Glass'.

    Do you always keep such a wonderful selection of beverages?

    JustIngrid - swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always looking for new drinks:) The chocolate birthday cake sounds delish!! I can't wait to give it a try.

    Passing thru from Swap~Bot Kraftykj

    ReplyDelete