Saturday, October 1, 2011

Beginnings of a Birth Month

So, sitting here at my front desk job...and it is 6 AM and I am thinking of all the awesomeness that will happen in the coming weeks of this month.


For one, October is my birth month. See, in my family we don't have birthdays really, we celebrate all MONTH! Which is awesome because it tends to be an awesome month. October just rocks in general because some of my favorite people in my life are all born in October (including my Aunt Jane and my cousin Molly) and its the time of the year when the leaves all change and it's just beautiful. I love fall.


Thinking back to October's past, I've had some awesome times. For my 16th birthday, I was serenaded by the whole band and half the crowd at the East/West game with a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday. High school was always full of football games, band concerts and school events in general. My 18th birthday, I spent with my Aunt in a low key birthday night with a football game and crazy weekend with my bestie Katrina the weekend after. My 19th birthday was celebrated with a party one weekend and a haunted house trip another. My 20th...well I took a cross Michigan trip to Lansing and Grand Rapids with some of my favorite people to see some more of my favorite people!


This year is gonna be no exception. I'm starting off my birth month strong with some apple picking and general shenanigans with my cousin Molly. Next weekend I work all weekend so that I can get an really awesome paycheck the day before my birthday. But there IS the zombie walk. Yeah, I already have my zombie costume ready pretty much...that one is gonna require some pictures!


Then 21st birthday craziness ensues. So, I'm lucky to have a Saturday 21st birthday. What luck! So it begins at midnight and goes all weekend. Who knows what will really happen, but lets just say that the headband was bought yesterday. I'm sure I'll have lots to write about when that comes around. But after that, there is always the 21st birthday of Molly (WOOT!) and Halloween.


I love October. I feel that it is just an awesome month in general! I can't wait for the craziness to ensue.


But I shall return to my front desk job...there are actually people awake at 6:45 AM on a Saturday morning in a college dorm...I don't understand these early risers!


Now I leave you with a picture of me and my favorite thing this morning...my big cup of coffee!


This Morning's Playlist
1. This is War- 30 Seconds to Mars
2. Iridescent- Linkin Park
3. Angel's Cry- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
4. I.V.- X Japan
5. Sissy's Song- Alan Jackson
6. White Blank Page- Mumford and Sons
7. Sing it Out- Switchfoot
8. Mr. Midnight- Garth Brooks
9. My Body- Young the Giant
10. Letters from the Sky- Civil Twilight
11. Dead Flowers- Miranda Lambert
12. Moves Like Jagger- Maroon 5

No comments:

Post a Comment