Saturday, May 5, 2012

May The Fourth Be With You!

It's May already? Where in the heck did April go? It was full of crazy celebrations, finishing the semester strongly and moving to my new apartment.

This semester was a long one, but interesting. I finished my French education with a party of amazing food and a hilarious movie.
This is Charlmagne with French coffee and what I got to eat on the last day of classes. I ended the semester with 3 A's in Band, Chronic Illness and Aging, and Women's Health and 2 B's in Statistics and French. All-in-all, I'm very proud with how I did.

The end of April came the end of another year in our apartment at Riverfront. This summer, I decided to stay and move down to a cheaper apartment for the summertime. So, we had one last shindig of 512 until the fall before Tanisha moved back home for 4 months. It was dubbed the Pink Party.

How to Throw a Pink Party on a College Budget.

1. Buy pink colored food and supplies
I got the pink plates, cups and napkins at Party City, that place has things in ALL colors (it's really hard to get me out of there). I found the cake and cupcakes at Meijers.

2. Have pink cocktails of course

This lovely pink alcohol is called X Rated Fusion. I first found out about it at Tonic nightclub in October. It is a citrus flavored French vodka. Pretty Yummy!

3. Have everyone wear pink!

Molly and I sporting the color. 

Abijah and I!!! :)
4. Have FUN!!
The Kevin and I.

Having fun! L to R: Matt, Tanisha, Cass and Abijah.

It really was a fun night full of many laughs and memories made (as well as learning some things about each other through never have I ever.)

Other things...

I'm officially moved down 2 floors which was literally a pain in the ass. I moved down to the 3rd floor for the summer because I can't afford my 5th floor room until the fall. But I have a really cool Chinese roommate. Her name is Yaling. Her mother is pretty cool too. The one thing, we both cook things from scratch which means we need lots of fridge room. Well, we were given one mini fridge. She brought another one today and we STILL don't have enough room. This is going to be an interesting summer.

Though I have tried some homemade Chinese food. One thing I will say that I tried and liked was seasoned seaweed. It was rather good. Salty. But that makes sense hah!

Oh here's April's Board:

This month:
-Hoffa came over the the first time :)
-I had my last band concert of the school year
-I realized my friends are quite wonderful
-we had a fight about fake/non-fake boobs
- Zac came over here one night when his power was out and was a watcher :)
-THE PINK PARTY, such fun!


Music:
1. Cosmic Love- Florence + The Machine
2, Drive- Incubus
3. Raining on Sunday- Keith Urban
4. Heartbeat- The Fray
5. Shake it Out- Florence + The Machine
6. When They Come For Me- Linkin Park

No comments:

Post a Comment