Friday, October 5, 2012

Month of Giving

I know I'm a tad late getting this up and going...but it's been an interesting couple of days.

So I got this idea from a fellow blogger and I tweaked it to make it my own. 

In my family, we have what are called birth months. Basically, the month that you are born during is a cause for celebration. For me, I spend the month of October getting together with friends, going out to dinner and just having a lot of fun. 

So back to this idea. The blogger stated that for her 33rd birthday she decided to do 33 random acts of kindness on her birthday for people. So, for my purposes to make it a bit easier in general, I plan on doing 22 random acts of kindness throughout the month. AND I am going to be taking photos and talking about it all month on here! Be ready for some new posts!

Why 22? Well, I will be 22 on October 15th! And well, 22 isn't one of those exciting birthdays like 21, or 25. But I AM alive and I think that is a reason to celebrate! I am inviting anyone who wants to join me to do it. Basically, being nice to your fellow man makes you feel good and we all need some feel good this time of year. 

Want to join but don't have any idea what to do? Here are some ideas:


  • Donate used books to the local library
  • Give Blood
  • Buy someone lunch (better yet, give a homeless person what may be their one meal. It doesn't have to be anything expensive.)
  • Visit a nursing home for an afternoon
  • Bring some balloons/stuffed animals to sick kids
  • Help someone whose car broke down on the side of the road
  • Rake leaves/do yard work for an elderly neighbor
  • Hold the door for someone
  • Let someone cut you in line
  • Write (and mail!) a letter to someone who made a difference in your life. If you know their email and want to do that instead, do that! It'll bring a smile to their face.
  • Call a family member you haven't talked to in awhile
  • Volunteer at some kind of community agency (animal shelter, soup kitchen, etc.)
  • Write a letter to a soldier! 

And if you have a facebook, you can join the event here. It's public, share it with your friends! Feel free to share stories all month long!

And have fun! I plan to. Hope to hear some great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment