Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekends!

So, I know that many of you want a reaction and/or response to last Thursday's post. This is not the time for that. This is time for a happy post, as like I said, I'm moving on.

This weekend was wonderful!


Thursday night Tanisha, Abijah, their friend Matt, Cass and I went out to a Karaoke bar. None of us sang anything, but we were entertained by the more and more drunkened singing of our bar compatriots. IT was so entertaining. Many of the songs make me think of my childhood as many of them are old country songs! We have also learned that the DJ has a thing for Adele. For the first hour or so, it was always an Adele song between each of the karaoke songs.

Friday came with work, but after work Zac came over for some Rockband which ended with a conversation over coffee on my kitchen floor. Do not ask me why we ended up on the kitchen floor, we just did! After that, Tanisha, Jasmine (our RA) and I were off to Lapeer for The Blind Fish. If you've never been there and are in the area...GO! It is literally my. favorite. restaurant. I like to get the steak and crab legs surf and turf. I eat the crab legs in the restaurant and usually take the whole steak and most of my potato side home with me to eat for lunch the next day! This time I also tried the stuffed mushrooms. Super amazing!

We met up with our friend Cody there for dinner. We all call him grandpa because he tends to go to bed early, but we love that man! I've known him since I was about 4 years old, we grew up together (oh Hadley/Murphy)! It was nice catching up with him though, since he's been oober busy being all Mr. paramedic and stuff. Saving lives, makes me proud!

After that, we were back to the apartment where Abijah and her friend Matt came over. We played some more Rockband, watched a few hours of 1000 Ways to Die while playing Mad Gab and then played a little You Don't Know Jack before I was like...sleeeepppppp!

Saturday morning came and I got up for the day I've been waiting for now for several months. Back in January, Katrina and Jessica decided they were going to celebrate their birthday by going to see a show at the Machine Shop. I had never been there before. So the weekend between their birthdays, Pop Evil was coming so it was decided. Kevin got our tickets awhile back so it was the waiting that was killing me!
This is what happens when you show the sisters the cartoon/kid noises that my camera makes. Oh the hilarity!


I went to Lapeer in the early afternoon to hang with Katrina, who was home. We played some Euchre and Hoffa came over to join us. We tried to go to Blondies for ice cream...but they were closed at 3 on a Saturday. So we went out to Past Tense for ice cream. Back to trina's where we continued our Euchre and Cody came to join us.

Hoffa really liked his ice cream :)

At about 4:30, we were off to Brian's for dinner. the group of us: Katrina, Erin, Colleen, Hoffa, Zac, Jessica, Cody, Sarah, Boesler, Baby Ben and I had a wonderful dinner in the corner with many laughs. We were probably the rowdiest bunch in there. The poor waitress had to deal with us, but she did a WONDERFUL job!
Look at Baby Ben, he is the cutest thing EVER!

After that we were off to the Machine Shop for the show. I was excited as I had never been to a show at the Shop. We got there early and were partying out to the music they had playing. Someone from Banana 101.5 asked us if they could take our picture.
This was right on Banana 101.5's Facebook page! We are such an awesome group!

All the bands were amazing. I was especially happy with Finding Clyde's new sound. I love it! Pop Evil was actually taping us for a TV show, which rocks! They also had the former UM Football captain with them so it was a party night. So much fun was had, and at the end of the night, I caught one of their guitar pics! Nothing like a free souvenir.
Me and the bestie. I love this girl!

We had planned to go to Tim Horton's after, but in the end, we just all went home. It took until yesterday morning for my ears to officially stop ringing and my hearing to return. I'll probably pay for that when I get older. But it was such a fun night!

Sunday came work and homework. Boo! But overall, the weekend was such a win!

Coming Attractions!


Planned for the next few weeks are:

  • I get to finally see The Hunger Games on Friday (After payday!) with Tanisha. I read the books oober fast, and well I can't wait to see it. I've heard wonderful things!
  • Sunday I'm heading out to Lansing for some shenanigans with Molly!
  • Hoffa is finally making his first Flint debut next Tuesday night. I can't wait to spend more time with that boy!
  • I have my band concert next Wednesday. I am actually just ready for it to be over with.
  • Next Thursday, Zac, Hoffa and I are heading down to Oakland to see Guida. I haven't see Guida in awhile now, it'll be nice to catch up.
  • And, Easter at Kevin's! Woot!
  • We also throw in a Pink Party/Moving Out Party into the mix by the end of the month, but I'm sure more things will come up between then!


Music:
1. Valentine- Martina McBride
2. Who Says You Can't Go Home- Bon Jovi/Jennifer Nettles
3. Rush- Aly & AJ
4. Headstrong- Trapt
5. Perfect- Simple Plan
6. Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
7. The Anthem- Good Charlotte
8. Meant to Live- Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment