Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What A Day!

So yesterday was an interesting day for me.

I don't know if it was the mood I woke up in, but everything just was interesting to me. For one, I woke up just after 11. I had GREAT sleep and the sun was shining through my window and I smiled.

I went downstairs and signed my new lease for next year. So I know where I will be living for the next year and a half, that makes me happy. Even though I am moving into a friends house for the summer, I'll be glad to be there because of spending a lot of time at camp. I'll be moving off the 11th floor :( and into a room with a study on the 5th floor. Even though it is lower, It will be nice to have more room.

Then I went over and got some lunch. One of my friends had given me a coupon for Subway which gave me a $5 Chicken, Bacon, Ranch...aka my FAVORITE sub EVER! So I was happy. So I had my yummy sub and some cookies from the pizza place next to Subway (they make amazing cookies that are warm, and gooey and amazing!)

After that, I went BACK to my room because I forgot a folder and then ended up talking downstairs with Keisha that works at the front desk during the day. She really is a cool person. Then, looking at my iPod, I was almost late for band and went on a across campus dash to French Hall.

In band, we played this new piece that...well...was so confusing. So here I am, with the solo clarinet part and I'm freaking out because I have all these parts that aren't in anyone elses part...and I was like AHHHH!!! It was a tad overwhelming. Really, the piece is interesting and really cool sounding, but at the same time, it was really hard!

So getting out of band, I have to walk across the river to the white building. A long walk really. So I was listening to a new CD I downloaded after seeing Linkin Park in concert. I am in LOVE with the band Pendulum and on the CD, there is 2 songs that really meld into one called "The Island (Dawn)" and "The Island (Dusk)." So as I was walking in the cold, windy weather, I was choreographing a video in my head. If I could actually make it come true, it would be really cool.

This is the river I had to cross and the building in the far right behind the tree is the white building.

All day dreaming aside, I didn't realize I was actually in the White building until I began to warm up. Heading up to the computer lab, I ended up sitting behind someone who had the school computer and their own laptop on at the same time. On the school computer was homework, on his computer was WoW. Yup, he was playing World of Warcraft and ignoring homework...wonder who's gonna fail?

After hanging out with my friend Kevin, I was off to my First Responder's class. So everything was going fine until we got the autopsy video.

I have never been that squeamish, and you would think having a medical class where you'll be dealing with many injuries in the field, you need to NOT be squeamish. So here is this dead body, lying there on this old video (it was a VHS tape...that old) and nothing was "opened." A little blood could be seen through the slices in the chest. Everything was going well until the woman on the video said, "And lets look into the chest cavity." She suddenly opened the chest, opened it much like a book and there was the heart and lungs, just lying there. 

This is when the woman in front of me, who isn't a small person, passed right out backwards and pushed the table into me and me back into the table behind me. In essence, I was stuck momentarily. The professor rushed back in and well, she was fine, just not feeling good because of the video. The nice thing about having a paramedic as a professor, well he was able to check both of us out and find that we were all right. I have a small bruise on my abdomen today...ouch! Needless to say, she dropped the class last night.

So I'm walking home. And it's cold. But I was listening to some more Pendulum and it was all right. Some people think I'm crazy but I enjoy walking home at night, by myself. If God wills that I am to be killed, I don't care. I was supposed to die YEARS ago.

So I get home and the elevator was freaking out. I just wanted to go up to the 11th floor, but no, the door wouldn't close for like 10 minutes THEN went down to the basement (which it isn't supposed to go to). So we're sitting in the elevator in the basement...good times. 

It finally went up and I was home Scott free.

Sadly...last night a good family friend passed away. Tom Daley was a wonderful person and knew me when I was engaged very well. He was best friends with my fiancee. He was in a farming accident on Sunday and had some major brain damage. Last night, he saved many lives as his organs were still intact and were donated to families all over the country.

Now to prepare for "SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011..." I'm calling it "Snowurricane 2011." Either way we are expecting anywhere between 8 and 15 inches of snow tonight. My school is closed as of 4 tonight and all day tomorrow and has been since this morning...it hasn't even started to snow.

But I should get off...I'm supposed to be learning about the lymphatic system in my Health Psychology class right now =/

No comments:

Post a Comment